Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday and sunday

We wake up late.... all of us.
What was I thinking letting the TV drone on and on until eleven with all the boys up... we all cringed over the hollywood version of Thor the thundergod.
Those are our stories.
Jöri yelling this is so stupid every five minutes and Sóla backing him up vehemently.
They were right.... as much as I like action and fantasy and fiction this was utterly stupid.
Still the change was nice and we laughed... cuddling up with our blankets and Sturla half asleep in my arms throwing his soft arms around my neck never finding the right position. Exclaiming that the action scenes look like computer games... the highest praise he can give.

I just could not work much with him yesterday. I had phonecalls to make and complains to deliver and other fun stuff.
I called an independant organisation that advices parents and offers help in meetings and such and I called because we are having a situation yet again with the playschool.
Now he has only one therapist ( they seem to have a tendency to get pregnant) and he gets about two hours a day... which means I rush from work as soon as I can and try to be energetic and focused for at least five or four hours working on his programs every day. I keep him in play school for about four hours. We pay for eight so as to get six to five hours therapy time a day. The play school never delivers more than 15 a week.
I also pick up my other children and to what needs to be done until my dear hubby comes home then we switch roles he makes Sturla read and play the piano... it is a relief as he is taking over certain programs. We cook... there are intstruments to be practised and homework to be done. The day is long for everyone.
The play school has not once discussed the fact Sturla is not getting what he needs and the only remaining therapist divides her time between three children. as well as having the responsibility of informing parents about the situation which is indeed grave. She does her best... but this is to much for anyone.
Sure they are hiring... but it has already been two weeks.

The lady I called asked how I manage.... I could not answer suddenly there was just a lump in my throat and I felt drained. So drained I could not do more that day...
there was just pizza and candy and a film...
no one complained.

She will attend a meeting with us with the playschool... I am relieved. A third party.. a neutral zone someone to take the heat
...someone experienced... to get and keep the conversation on topic... that is the needs of this child.
We will talk about where responsibilities lie. Who should take care of what.
Because I do not like the idea of dicussing organisational problems with his therapist.
I want to concentrate on him and only him
We have other things to think about...
I am sick of complaining and arguing and checking and double checking only to find out that all is not as it should be...

We worked a lot today though... making up time
staying at home the whole day not going out except to shop. I needed to get certain things we are working on somehow under control and... structure, besides we are inviting family over tomorrow to celebrate his birthday and then there will be a lot of action and unstructured time.

We lack six hours this week...

It is easy to measure time...
what it says about the program is another story...

Tomorrow I intend to give the house a look alike cleaning bake some cakes and...
give a birthday party...
somewhere in between I hope to cram in those left over hours
I am a robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment