Sunday, April 3, 2011

Something not right...

He has refused to work at his programs at play school I have had increasing troubles getting him to do the exercises at home as well.

He refused to eat there and then he refused to go there in the mornings.

A whole meeting just on that subject.
It seems to me that they do not get the connection between making themselves reinforcing along with the object or stuff used to entice him.
Well... the factor has been neglected... it is hard to go beyond the comfort zone.
A few days later...and the whole focus went onto just seeing what would make him tick again

I know they are trying ....
The good thing it can be discussed and hopefully solved.

Voila

On friday his lights seem to be on again.
He seemed himself ... funny running around and as silly as ever.

He is stimming more still
.... spacing out
... pinching his skin and puts his hand into his mouth all the time. I hate that.

I have no idea what is going on.
Hopefully nothing... just your ordinary autism troubles.
I am scared though.
Everything has slowed down.
progress makes me tick... and i am just not ticking so much at the moment and it ticks me off. Had to put this one there... lame ...I know.

We went swimming yesterday.. nothing new. Except he seemed lethargic and out of it...
I literally pushed him up the stairs of the slide.... something he loves doing and yes he liked it when he got started.

In the dressing room he decided it was a good idea to blow rasberries on a bare womans butt...

she was surprised.
I was to exhausted to explain or just say anything.

He pushed a little baby so she fell.

Later when that same baby started crying he ran to the mother and told her to put a pacifier into the babys mouth... then he dried her tears...

He is either into everything or out of it...
I do not get it how he can be turned on and off like there is a switch on him.
Ether he just lies there or paces around or he gets tons of ideas and has acted them out before I can draw a breath.

He keeps me on edge.

I just have to add that the story of the rasberrie blowing boy in the womans locker at my favorite swimming pool has not ended.
He did it again today... the woman turned around surprised and smiling to that little one giving him the most positive reinforcer and hopes for future rasberries.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry things are difficult right now... But blowing raspberries on a bare woman's butt? How did you not bust out laughing!! Your son sounds so cute though!! I know pushing the baby wasn't nice, (maybe it was an accident?) but telling the mom to put the pacifier in and drying her tears? That's *adorable!* He's so sweet! I hope you feel recharged soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... he did again today blowing rasberries at the pool. I really hope it does not become a habit. Or perhaps it already is.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your son
    I think we start to think regressions when all they are doing is just taking a break !
    A mother once told me that our kids have a staircase type development - grow -plateau-grow

    ReplyDelete
  4. The raspberries on the bare butt are hilarious!

    "It seems to me that they do not get the connection between making themselves reinforcing along with the object or stuff used to entice him."

    This, exactly. At least you get it. Social reinforcement can't be replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I followed you back. :)

    I'm sorry that you're going through a hard time with your son right now. I agree with Floortime lite mama, there seem to be periods of rapid growth and then breaks where nothing happens for awhile. Hope things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete