Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ups and downs

I have been trying the last weeks to focus only on the positive side of well pretty much everything... trying to clean up the rest of that winter depression.
The truth is we have a mix and match of ups and downs.

Last weekend I felt as if everything was going downhill.
And last week the playscholl felt the same.
He did not oblige any commands. He did not look at us he did not learn as fast as he should have.
Why?
What?

I have been trying to use more social reinforcement. It works better... but i get very tired of the constant eager happy face I have plastered on my face. My throat hurt because Of the high affect and the way I spoke . It did catch his attention though and he did do what he was asked because he had fun.
Is this what it takes at the moment. Little trinkets and sweets do not do the trick anymore.
Will I speak like an old frog for the rest of my life.
Are we going forward or backwards?
Is this regression?

Why do I always get so scared when there is a halt in our work?
Plateu, regression. It just freaks me out.

Then I put on my lipstick and he looks at me and asks.
Will you give me a kiss.
WE have this script... cute one ehh
Sure baby, a kiss for you...any time.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, that's so sweet! And I totally understand you when you say will I talk like an old frog forever? (That made me laugh) I have to do the same with my son and it gets really old really fast. There's only so much bright & chirpy I can manage in a day!! I'm sorry you feel like you've hit a rut.. I know you've been doing this for longer and your son is older and all, but don't worry, I'm sure it'll turn around soon. I just think it's one of those things that comes round every now and again, but it'll soon be over and you'll see him surprising you a little more each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so hard to summon up the energy for social reinforcement when everything made me so tired! But it works better in the end.

    You might need a break.

    ReplyDelete