Monday, November 8, 2010

Relax and let it go.

My advice to myself.
One day for me is like a week an hour can be endless. So many thoughts can be crammed into an hour that there is just no end to the worrys and grumbling that can take place.
The sane logical part of my mind knew from the start that the new play school needs time to adjust and that they do not have a therapist for him until after christmas. The have everything in place a team of therapists working together and supporting each other. they are really nice and I believe and hope this is the right placement finally.
It still makes no difference for the my other half, my crazy mind, I already feel things should be like this or that and that people can do more and sooner. I bite my tongue hard and smile and wait because there is nothing else to do.
Still I should be happy that he is following the routine of the other kids without support following verbal commands and doing the same as typical peers. Still that is just the surface. He is an easy child and I know he needs to be prompted to do more and truly participate I want him to do more and for that he needs an aide that works on specific goals. The next meeting will be 19 of november.
It is not long, still it seems like ages.
There are just so many thoughts to think until then.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like there is two of me and those parts often argue with each other! It is great that he is doing so well following the routine of the other children without support, that is a big step:) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am always stunned by how well he does
    "Still I should be happy that he is following the routine of the other kids without support following verbal commands and doing the same as typical peers"
    you should be VERY happy indeed Porgerdour
    Is his diagnosis - PDD NOS or ASD?

    ReplyDelete